The standard 28m retractable hose reel
All good gardeners need a retractable garden hose reel they can rely on – one that’s up to any task you throw at it. That’s where the Delrico 28m retractable garden hose reel comes in. Designed right here in Australia to suit our conditions, this high-quality hose reel is made of tough stuff and is ready to work with you, not against you, to make watering your garden an easy, safe and enjoyable experience every time. Once it’s yours, the retractable garden hose reel comes with everything you need to begin living the Delrico hose dream and installation is simple.
The locking system
Delrico’s locking and SRS (Slow Return System) is engineer-designed and ensures the 28m retractable garden hose reel is a joy to use. It locks and unlocks whenever you want, doing away with the limitation of pulling a certain length of hose to release the lock, or silently waiting to hear that ‘click’. Our SRS is unique to our 28m retractable garden hose reel and works to keep you safe by kicking in should the hose be accidentally let go when in use and slows the retraction of the hose down to a much safer speed.
A full 24-month warranty applies to all Delrico reels and while servicing is rarely required for our high-quality products, we can do that for you too. We designed it, we can service it! We designed and manufactured the only retractable hose reel in Australia to feature a solid brass internal shaft with 4 x 'O' rings – that means perfect pressure every time, and it's only available from Delrico.
- It is advisable for the reel to be installed within 3 mtr of the tap.
- Included with your reel is a mounting bracket and a fastener pack.
- This pack includes 2 x masonry bolts, 4 x Stainless Steel screws & 4 plastic plugs.
- The masonry bolts are for the middle upper and lower holes of the bracket.The mounting bracket can be installed onto a brick wall or to strong and secure timber.
- The most appropriate height to mount your reel is approx. 1.2m from the ground.
- An 8mm masonry drill bit is supplied for brick/mortar fixing. Be sure to drill into the brick, not mortar!.
- Once the bracket is installed, lift the reel and place in the bracket.
- Connect the leader hose to the tap using the 1" tap adaptor provided and you are ready to use your DELRICO Auto Reel.
The Engine Room
A customer came to us and said their reel wasnt retracting. Upon further investigation they advised that the reel was sitting on the ground and not in its wall bracket due to the fact they were renting and were not allowed to drill into the outside wall.
We opened the reel up and found it was full of water from sitting on its side and hence had rusted the spring out.
No problem, as we pulled the old spring out with a special tool and replaced with a brand new spring of the correct dimensions. Retensioned, aligned and promptly put it all back and adjusted to the correct tension. ( DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS YOURSELF! )
The reel is now happily sitting on a post cemented in the garden bed. The customer is chuffed that it works just like new and was saved from landfill.
Why throw it away when everything else is working fine?
Next time you are in the market for a reel, make sure that it can be serviced down the track if ever needed.
Rest easy with a DELRICO.....we designed it, we can service it!